Soya Chunks is considered a vegetarians meat. Its Protein-rich, cholesterol-free, and easy-to-cook features make these chunks special.
It has great taste neutrality which makes it easier to combine with any food and make it nutritious without affecting the taste.
Soya Pulao is easy to cook just like a regular vegetable pulao with better benefits. This can be your favorite dish on your regular busy days or on a lazy Sunday.
1/2 cup Long Grained Rice (basmati rice)
1/2 cup BON Soya Chunks
1/4 cup finely chopped Carrots
1/4 cup Green Peas (fresh or frozen)
1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
1 small piece of Bay Leaf
2-3 Black Peppercorns
1 small piece of Cinnamon Stick
1 medium Onion, thinly sliced
1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder, optional
1¼ cups Water
1 tablespoon Oil or Ghee
2 tablespoons finely chopped Coriander Leaves, for garnishing
For Soya Pulao:
◦ Rinse rice 2-3 times in water and soak it for 15-20 minutes.
◦ Rinse and soak BON Soya Chunks in hot water for 15-minutes. After 15-minutes, chunks will increase to almost double in size. Drain excess water and again rinse them 2-3 times in water to remove the raw smell.
◦ Heat oil or ghee in a non-stick pan (with lid) over medium flame. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, black peppercorns, cinnamon, and cloves, and allow cumin seeds to sizzle. Add sliced onion and green chili and sauté until the onion turns transparent.
◦ Add chopped carrot and green peas and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
◦ Drain the excess water from the soaked rice and add them to the pan. Add drained Soya chunks and BON turmeric powder. Mix everything well and sauté for a couple of minutes over medium flame.
◦ Add 1¼ cups water and salt to taste; bring it to boil over medium flame.
◦ When it starts to boil, reduce the flame to low and cook covered (cover pan with a lid) for about 10-minutes. Do not open the lid in between as steam will escape and rice will not cook properly and become stick
◦ After 10-minutes, turn off the flame and keep it over a hot stove-top for at least 7-8 minutes. Now, remove the lid and fluff the cooked rice with a fork
◦ Soya bean pulao with vegetables is ready. Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.