A Classic Mangalore Style Chicken Ghee Roast is a traditional recipe from Mangalore Kitchen. A perfect combination of juicy and tender chicken pieces cooked in desi ghee with a special masala makes this dish so delicious.
While the Chicken Ghee Roast appears fiery red, the heat has a smoky sweetness, combined with ghee’s flavour. It isn’t your everyday dish as it comes loaded with ghee. You are going to love this fantastic recipe. All the ingredients are pretty simple to find except for a few spices. The dish can still be enjoyed if you don’t have all the ingredients, but there are substitutes for them. This will surely make your mouth water.
Soon enough, you will realise that this dish is really easy to prepare, and that the result is simply fantastic! With all the masala, the chicken is cooked until tender and then roasted with ghee and curry leaves. Curry leaves lend a great taste to the chicken. Chicken is divine when combined with Ghee & Chillies. You’ll want more when you try this Mangalorean recipe. Let’s get started by learning how to cook Mangalorean Chicken Ghee Roast.
Ingredients for chicken ghee roast
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Yogurt – 100 g
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- BON chicken ghee roast spice mix – 80g (1 packet)
- Tamarind – as per taste
- Ghee – 50 g
- Curry leaves – 3 springs
Method for preparation of chicken ghee roast :
- Marinate the chicken with yogurt, ginger garlic paste, salt and keep aside.
- To BON Chicken Ghee Roast Masala spice mix, add sufficient quantity of water to form a thick paste and keep aside for at least 15 minutes.
- In a pan (preferably non-stick), heat ghee and immediately add the prepared BON chicken ghee roast and saute until ghee separates. Now add curry leaves and saute for a while.
- Add the marinated chicken, tamarind and cook on medium flame till the gravy becomes thick and chicken is well done.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp ghee and garnish with few roasted cashews, lime juice and serve hot.