A big bowl of Chicken Fried Rice never fails to please because it’s tasty, healthy, and simple to make! One of the best things about this rice stir-fry is that you can make it your own by adding your favourite vegetables, which will add colour, nutrition, and texture to the dish. It goes well with gravy-style Indo-Chinese dishes like Chicken Manchurian and Chilli Chicken, or you can just try it with some schezwan sauce if you like a little spiciness in your life!
More About Chicken Fried Rice :
Chicken fried rice is a comfort food in Chinese cuisine. It’s been around for a while and can be found in East, Southeast, and South Asian cuisines. The dish started out as a way to get rid of some leftover fried rice that had dried out and was no longer edible on its own. For a delicious meal, the rice is seasoned with oil and soy sauce, as well as vegetables and meat. Traditional Chinese fried rice would be prepared in a wok over high heat. This simple take on a classic is perfect for lunch or dinner.
What you need to Prepare Chicken Fried Rice :
- Rice – 150 grams or 1 cup
- BON Fried Rice Masala – 15 grams
- Oil – 4 tbsp or as required
- Vegetables – 200 grams ( carrot, beans, capsicum, or any vegetable of your choice – finely chopped)
- Spring Onion – ¼ cup finely chopped
- Shredded Chicken (cooked) – 150 g or 3 eggs
PREPARATION METHOD :
- Cook the rice and spread it evenly till cool
- Drop contents of this pack (15g), add 25 ml (3 tbsp) water, stir well, and keep aside.
- In a wok, heat oil and fry the vegetables on high flame for 2 minutes, and scrambled eggs or shredded chicken saute.
- Add the mixture of BON Fried Rice Masala and saute for a while.
- Now add the cooked rice, and stir fry for a few minutes till masala has coated the rice well.
- Garnish with spring onion, mix again and turn off the heat.
- Serve Hot.
Tips for Making the Best Fried Rice:
Enjoy making this fried rice with these pointers to help you achieve an authentic Chinese flavour. It’s easy to put together and comes together quickly. You’ll want to make it again and again once you’ve tried it!
- Cold Rice: In order to make the best rice, you must plan ahead of time. Chilled cooked rice, as well as fried rice, is the best way to use up leftover rice. When making fried rice, rice that has been cooked but is still warm does not cook well. It usually turns out mushy and sticky.
- Make Cold Rice: If you’re in a hurry and want fried rice, spread the warm rice out on a sheet pan and chill it for 30 to 45 minutes, or until it’s cold. Place the rice in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes for a faster solution. Just enough to chill but not to freeze it.
- High Heat: Cooking on high heat helps to thoroughly fry and brown the rice and vegetables. Avoid letting the rice steam in the pan or allowing it to stick together too much. Stir the mixture frequently.
- Soy Sauce: Add more soy sauce towards the end of the cooking process as you taste the fried rice.
- When making the best-fried rice recipe, try new things and mix them up with all of these new and fun variations. The best part is putting the leftover rice to good use. To make it easier, find more leftovers that can be added to this chicken fried rice recipe. Mix and match ingredients to come up with new rice flavours.
- Protein: Add an egg, shrimp, and bacon to your protein, or serve it with vegetables.
- Butter: Instead of using all of the oils, butter works just as well! To make a rich, flavorful taste, add butter.
- Rice: For this recipe, it’s best to use cold or chilled rice. Quinoa or long grain rice are excellent ways to add variety to your diet.