What is Chilli Chicken?
A crispy appetiser called “chilli chicken” is made with chicken, bell peppers, garlic, chilli sauce, and soy sauce. It is sweet, spicy, and slightly sour.
The best home-cooked crisp fried saucy chilli chicken recipe is without a doubt this one. This chicken appetiser can be made in so many different ways. My family and friends really enjoy the recipe that I’ve shared in this post.
Boneless cubes are marinated in soy sauce, chilli sauce, and pepper to make the best Chinese chilli chicken. Afterward, deep-fry until crisp. They are later reseasoned with savoury sauces. The flavours in this chilli chicken are intense, and it tastes great. These soft morsels have a mildly hot, sweet, and sour flavour. For an appetiser or meal, it is best served hot.
Here are some tips to make the best Chinese Chilli Chicken Recipe
Only use boneless chicken, which is readily available from chicken breasts, to prepare the best chilli chicken recipe.
All chicken pieces should be marinated in the sauce, cornmeal, and all-purpose flour mixture for at least one to two hours in the refrigerator to achieve the ideal crunchy fried chicken.
Cook only at medium to high heat for crispy fried chicken. Cooking at very low heat will make your chicken tough and chewy, and cooking at a very high heat will cause it to quickly turn golden brown on the outside but remain undercooked inside.
Vibrant Red Color:
Although restaurants often use red food colouring to make their chilli sauce, we use high-quality Kashmiri red chilli powder instead.
Choosing the Best Chicken:
Choosing the proper chicken cuts is a crucial step in the procedure.
The Best Cut of Chicken
Ideally, you should request chicken thigh strips or cubes that are boneless. You can get boneless cubes from the breast if it is difficult to obtain due to restrictions like budget, etc.
I prefer to bring the chicken breast portion home and brine it. I then proceed with the preparation after cutting the meat into cubes.
How to Make Juicy Chilli Chicken
Brining is the best method for obtaining a juicy chilli chicken. Simply take a bowl that can hold the chicken and half-fill it with water. Stir the water after adding the sugar and salt. Place the chicken in the bowl, cover it, and place it in the refrigerator.
Chilli Chicken Ingredients
- BON Chilli Chicken Masala
- Butter, Ginger & Garlic
- Green Chillies
- Spring Onions
Sauces For Chilli Chicken
- Tomato Ketchup
- Green Chilli Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Red Chilli Powder
- Black Pepper Powder
How To Make Chilli Chicken
- Fry up some chicken first. Add water, BON Chicken Chilli Masala, ginger-garlic paste, and chicken to a bowl. Mix well. Leave for ten minutes.
- Deep fry the chicken in some hot oil until golden, then drain and set aside.
- Make the sauce by heating some butter in a pan, adding the garlic and ginger, and cooking until golden.
- Include onions. spicy green peppers, salt, and sugar. Well, toss.
- Add the capsicum and stir thoroughly.
- Add the vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, green chilli sauce, and combine well.
- Cook after adding water until oil separates.
- Fry chicken is added and thoroughly mixed.
- Pepper and spring onions can be added. Mix well.
- Serve warm.
How Should Chilli Chicken Be Served?
- Chilli chicken goes well with a wide variety of dishes.
- Fried rice or rice with flavourings can be served with a semi-dry chilli chicken. Make sure the dish has some heat from the pepper and chilli in this situation.
- With noodles, a semi-dry or dry version is excellent.
- The dish is equally good with paratha and nan. People enjoying roti and chilli chicken have been seen!
- You can serve this with fried rice if you are making the dish with more gravy.