Preparation time- 20 minutes Cooking time- 20 minutes
Recipe type- side dish Cuisine-Mangalore
Ingredients for prawns ghee roast :
- Prawns – 300gm
- Yogurt – 50ml
- Curry Leaves – 2 springs
- BON Ghee Roast Masala – 30gm
- Tamarind – ½ marble size
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Marinate 300 gm Prawns in yogurt/non sour curd and the ghee roast masala (30gm) for 15 minutes
Why do we need to Marinate?
If you want your prawns/meat to be tender and flavorful when you bite into it after being on the grill/frying, then you need to marinate it. When you fry prawns over high heat, the prawns are much more likely to dry out and lose some of their flavour. When you add a marinade to the meat beforehand, it helps to allow the fluids and seasonings to enter the meat/prawns and stay during the cooking process. This will keep your food from drying out during the grilling process.
In addition to that, you’ll also notice that certain meats have a harmful substance on top of them during the grilling/frying process. An acidic marinade applied to the meat beforehand will actually prevent those substances from forming on the meat, thus protecting your health.
- In a vessel preferably non-stick, add 2 tbsp ghee.
- When hot add curry leaves and the marinated prawns and cook on a moderate flame for 5 minutes.
- Now remove the half cooked prawns and keep aside.
- On a moderate flame cook the masala mixture with tamarind juice till the ghee separates from the masala.
- Now add the prawns and saute until the prawns are well roasted and coated with masala.
- Add one tablespoon ghee and saute for a while and put off the flame.
- Garnish with cashew nuts.
Enjoy lip-smacking hot and delicious Prawns Ghee Roast with your family !!